Nature’s Answer to the Best Skin Moisturizer-Jojoba
Not All Oils Are Created Equally
The seeds of jojoba are one of the world’s only known sustainable, eco-friendly and vegan source of liquid wax esters. The extracted oil from these seeds, is primarily made up of these liquid wax esters, is compatible with human sebum and promotes retention of skin moisture. It’s stable at high temperatures and does not easily go rancid. Today, 90 percent of jojoba seed oil is used in cosmetics because of its nourishing properties and compatibility with human skin. Note that when jojoba oil is listed on an ingredient label as one of the first ingredients, the product is an excellent source of the oil. Be wary of companies that say “made with jojoba oil” but also add cheaper oils and waxes. It’s always best to choose products made with organic jojoba oil because skin reactions typically stem from additives in conventional jojoba oil.
The TJz™ family wanted to be sure that TJz Balm™, nighttime topical pain relief OTC balm contained the best moisturizer to soothe the jaw. That's why organic jojoba oil is the number one ingredient in our product. A dermatologist who tested our product on 50 subjects, reported no adverse reactions. So many people suffer from jaw problems and there isn't a topical pain relief medication that provides effective relief, yet is gentle to the sensitive skin area around the jaw.
The Secrets of Jojoba Oil
- Pronounced “ho-ho-ba” oil
- Extracted from the seed of the jojoba shrub, indigenous to arid areas of Arizona, California and Mexico
- Used for wound healing by Native Americans in the southwest
- Not an actual oil but a wax ester, acts and functions like the sebum already in your skin
- Only known botanical wax, liquid at room temperature
- Long shelf-life because it is a wax rather than a true oil
Jojoba Oil is a Skin Care Powerhouse
- Packed with antioxidant vitamin E and vitamin B, along with minerals like copper and zinc
- Protects skin against free radical damage caused by environmental factors like pollution or smoke
- Closest in composition to your skin’s natural oil, balancing and adding moisture where needed
- Lighter and less greasy than other plant-based oils
- Won’t clog pores
- Helps your skin reduce excess oil production
- Anti-inflammatory and beneficial for all skin types, including sensitive or acne-prone skin
- Considered hypoallergenic, compatible with most skin
- Anti-fungal and antibacterial properties
- May help soothe eczema
According to Joshua Zeichner, MD, director of cosmetic and clinical research at Mount Sinai Medical Center in New York City, "Jojoba oil is rich in natural fats that mimic those in the outer layer of the skin. This means it can help the skin retain moisture and heal itself."
According to Nikhil Dhingra, MD, a dermatologist at Spring Street Dermatology in New York City, “Because it's so similar, it can trick your skin into thinking it doesn't need to produce more oil.”
According to Luigi L. Polla, MD, a dermatologist and founder of Forever Institute and Alchimie Forever Skincare in Geneva, Switzerland, “Jojoba oil helps to fight free radical damage, which will in turn help prevent the breakdown of collagen that can lead to creepy skin and wrinkles, making it extremely beneficial in skincare formulations.”
The organic jojoba oil in Tjz Balm™ is cold-pressed, extracted and mechanically filtered. There are no additional chemical-refining steps so it’s as natural as nature intended!
TJz Balm™ is an organic OTC topical pain relief drug that relaxes muscles and joints + moisturizes and soothes the jaw.
Founded by a nutritional biochemist and an engineer mom-son duo suffering from teeth grinding, clenching, TMJ jaw pain, TMJ headaches and TMJ ear pain.